The Steamboat Association
A friendly reminder that membership of the Steam Boat Association of Great Britain is due for renewal on the 1st Jan 2017.
If you do not renew by 30th March 2017 membership will automatically lapse.
Please ensure that you do not renew your membership by setting up a second membership with a new email address*.
If you pay by Standing Order, please do take the opportunity to check that the amount your bank will pay is correct and that your profile (address, phone number(s), boat names and so on) is up-to-date.
If you have given the SBA your email address* you can renew your membership online. The following instructions and slideshow of images should help guide you through the process (click on the right of the images to see the next step in the process).
1) Log into the SBA website
using your email address and password using the box at the top right of
2) Once you have logged in select the "View Profile" link at the top right of the screen.
3) Click on the "Renew until..." button to the right of the screen.
4) Please take the chance to review and update your personal information before selecting the "Update and next" button at the bottom right of the screen.
5) A summary of the renewal will then be displayed, please confirm using the button at the bottom right.
6) An invoice has now been generated, please select the "pay online" button to take you to PayPal to make the payment.
7) If you have a PayPal account you can either pay from your PayPal account or by card or by card or with a card (see below).
If you don't have a PayPal account use the "pay by debit or credit card" option.
*We use your email address as a key to identify you. So if you change the email address that you use and do not tell us, we will loose you!
In this case, if our website cannot log you in, please don't set up a new membership, just use your previous email address (and the previous password) to log in. Then got to your profile ("View Profile") and replace the previous email address with your new one. Many thanks!
You can renew by cheque online following the procedure for card payments above. At the foot of your Profile chose the zero payment charge option and then the option "manual payment" to let me know that you are renewing. You will receive an email invoice. Post your cheque to the Membership Secretary as soon as possible.
If you have any difficulty about paying online by card, then please contact Mike Cole (Hon. Membership Secretary) at firstname.lastname@example.org to help resolve any issues.